Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fashion inspirations, and idols.

A few months ago I was lucky to get some one, on one time with a long time idol of mine Eric Damen. At the launch of his Swarovski Atelier line at Rock center. He signed his book "Dream your Dreams" as someone who worked with another idol of mine Pat Fields, on "Sex and the City" Eric later became the head costume designer for Gossip Girl. Later this fall he will also be working on "The Carrie Diaries". His career has inspired me, he sets trends through his work, and is a true inspiration in the fashion industry. My goal is to follow his advice to continue to believe in my dreams to do whatever it takes, even if that means living as a starving artist. At F.I.T. I also had the fortune to attend a lecture given by Candace Bushnell, my question to her was what was it like freelancing for Vogue. Who new a few months later I'd be there myself, but more on that later.

As I continue to move forward rebuilding, I know that these people have inspired me to keep going.

My role models in the industry are Anna Wintour, Eric Damen, and Pat Fields. All for uniquely different reasons. What they all do have in common is there impact they have had on this industry, I strive to make such an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment